Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's a Good Thing I'm Not a Commerical Loan Officer...

...because come to find out, if I were, then this would have happened:

Me: I see you're interested in a business loan.

Applicant: Yes, I'd like a loan so I can open up a Citgo gas station right here in your home town.

Me: Well, that sounds pretty reasonable. Let me ask you this, though, before we move forward--there are already quite a few gas stations here. What is it about your station that will be different than all the others? In other words, what makes your station special enough to warrant a loan from us?

Applicant: Oh, that's easy. Now--check this out--in my gas station, we won't sell any coffee. It'll be like a gas station--but without the coffee!

And then I would have blown up the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment